April 25, 2008

Back in Swaziland

It is has been sooo nice to be back home in Swaziland once again!!! We have been slowly getting back into ministry and adjusting to being a family of four now. God has recently given us the honor and priviledge of baptizing nine people at one of our Baptist churches. What a blessing!
It was our first time to take Nathan to one of our Swazi Baptist churches and formally introduced to the church. He has been given the Swazi name of Mswati and yes, that is the name of the king of Swaziland as well. We guess it is a honor to have the same name! :)
Keep praying for our family and ministry as we serve the Lord in Swaziland!


Steven baptizing a new believer in Christ at Hawane Baptist Church in our portable baptistry.

Daddy introducing Nathan Curtis Allen to the church during testimony time...Nathan is a wonderful gift to those around him!!!


Nathan sleeping through his first sermon...sorry, Daddy, the preaching was really not that bad! :)



3 comments:

Suzanna said...

Glad to see your update! Cute pictures...Nathan and Caroline still look a little bit alike to me.

I got my birthday present today, by the way. Thank you so much! I will think of you everytime I bake now...which means a very small increase in the number of times :)Just kidding--I'm starting to spend more and more time in the kitchen now that I'm home.

Sarah said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your beautiful family. I was an MK in Swaziland what seems like a lifetime ago now....from 1987 to 1991. Lou and Lee Harlow are my parents, and Daddy forwarded me an email from you, so I could hear about the work in Swaziland these days. I really miss being there, and since we live about 30 minutes from Wilkesboro, I felt a strong urge to go try & sneak into one of the mission team's suitcases when they go to you next week! Maybe someday....

Kylie said...

I check in on your blog often to see if you've updated! I even have you linked from mine... hint, hint, more updates please :) I know internet is hard and time with two little ones is even harder! Just know I check and like to see what's going on! I thoroughly enjoyed your email update today. Sounds like SO many exciting things are going on. one day, we would love to be apart of the youth camp! Love you guys,
Kylie (ronny, hudson and avery, too!)